Apricot and White Chocolate Truffles
2 3/4 cup (410g) dried apricots
1 cup (250ml) boiling water
60 gram butter, softened
1/2 cup (80g) icing sugar mixture
1 1/2 cup (135g) desiccated coconut
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind (from 2 lemons)
180 gram white eating chocolate, melted
4 cup (600g) white chocolate melts, melted
1. Grease 20cm x 30cm lamington pan; line base and long sides with baking paper.
2. Combine apricots and the water in medium heatproof bowl. Cover; stand 30 minutes, drain.
3. Blend or process apricots, butter, sugar, coconut, rind and white eating chocolate until combined. Spread mixture in prepared pan, cover; refrigerate overnight.
4. Roll rounded teaspoons of the mixture into balls, place on baking-paper-lined tray. Dip balls in a third of the melts; roll quickly and gently between palms to coat evenly.
5. Return balls to tray; refrigerate until firm. Repeat process twice more with remaining melts to give balls 2 more white coats.
Recipe can be made up to 1 week in advance. White chocolate and white chocolate melts are suitable to microwave.